Friday, September 28, 2012

Boyfriend From Hell Review

Boyfriend From Hell
E. Van Lowe
Publisher: White Whisker Books
Publishing Date: August 30, 2011
ISBN: 978-0983632900
Genre: Paranormal/ Young Adult

 
Book Description:
Fifteen year-old Megan Barnett and her single mom, Suze, have a special relationship--they are friends, close friends, who do almost everything together. "But come on, guys, she's my mother... Can I really tell her that while we're snuggled up on the sofa watching Spider Man Three, I'm secretly undressing James Franco with my eyes? Of course not..." The special bond takes a turn for the worse when Suze decides to start dating again. She hasn't had a man in her life since Megan's father left ten years ago. Enter two mysterious young men, Megan's new classmate, sinfully attractive bad boy, Guy Matson, and the dangerously handsome art dealer, Armando. Before long Megan and Suze both wind up in steamy relationships. But neither of the handsome pair is quite what he seems. In fact, one of them is Satan, with his sights set on a new bride. Megan has precious little time to figure out how to stop him. If she doesn't, either Megan or Suze are quite literally going to HELL. "Boyfriend From Hell" is the first book in the Falling Angels Saga from the author of the gruesomely hilarious, "Never Slow Dance With A Zombie."
 
My Thoughts:
 
                ‘Boyfriend From Hell’ was a very fun, comical, thrilling story. I thought it was a great refreshing read for the young adult genre. There are a lot of paranormal reads out there for that genre. It is a very hard thing to do to stand out nowadays among the masses. With that being said, I think this book stood out very well on its own. It added a comical element to such a serious dilemma, I really enjoyed that.
 I also appreciated the fact that the characters act their age. Yes they may be fighting against the great forces of evil but they are still teenagers. So yes they are going to still have immature moments and I think that a lot of Young Adult novels lack that element. They make their characters a bit more adult like than they really are. This book gives the kids someone they can relate to.
 
                The only downfall of this book for me was I seen a lot of resemblance between the main character in this book and the main character in ‘Never Slow Dance with a Zombie”. They act very much alike and have the same temper tantrums. So I would’ve liked to see just a little more difference in their attitudes and dynamics.
 
                Other than that I really enjoyed this book. The plot was great, very crazy, intriguing and the writing was great.
 
 
* I recieved this book as a gift from the author and decided to review it. All opinions are my own. I was not comepensated for this review.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Chasity - it is probably my age but I have never tried any vampire or zombie stuff. Is there something you would recommend as a good way to start - without scaring myself sily?

    ReplyDelete